Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thank you!

So today I just finished spending some time with my friends Ray and Rhonda and it got me to thinking.

I want to take some time here to say, "Thank You".

Thank you for being there for me, whether it's by Facebook, by a card in the mail, or in person, your presence has been felt and it's appreciated, very much.

I have been inundated with cards, presents, and facebook messages that have encouraged me to keep on keepin' on. That is precisely what i intend to keep doing.

I've tried to reply personally to the various acts of kindness that i've been the recipient of this past year, so forgive me if I don't get back to you personally. Please know that I am eternally grateful for your kindness.

I sometimes wonder if I am deserving of all this.  All I'm doing is fighting cancer, right?

Well whatever I did, thank you for your support. Since my terminal diagnosis a year ago, my life has certainly taken several twists and turns that I did NOT see coming. The fact that you have come along with me, whatever happens, means a lot.

My original diagnosis one year ago was that I was to have 2 and a half years of good health remaining before things turn. Could that change? Well sure, miracles happen every day. You never know.

I have a new round of Cat Scans scheduled for September, so we will see. Let's face it, a diagnosis of Stage 4 terminal metastatic colon cancer with other tumors lurking around is a mighty big hill to climb. But as a t-shirt that was made for me proclaims, "CANCER PICKED THE WRONG DJ".

My last medical check up showed a magnesium deficiency  but otherwise I'm doing well. My tumor markers are dormant, they aren't shrinking, but they aren't expanding either.

So my attitude continues to be good. To paraphrase Randy Pausch, "We can't change the cards we are dealt, only how we play the hand. I'm going to continue to have fun every day I have left".

What's that? You've never heard Randy's Last Lecture?? well take an hour or so, and watch this:











No comments: