Thursday, April 10, 2014

A final (?) Guinness update.

Well it was a valiant effort, but my Guinness world record attempt for staying on the air continuously for 187 hours, was beaten.

Not long ago I posted audio clips from the press coverage we received, and I put up a few pictures here.

Shortly afterwards I got a call from a Belgian DJ who wanted to let me know that he was going to attempt to break my record, by staying on the air for 188 hours.

He emailed me last week to let me know he succeeded. I emailed him back to congratulate him. It is quite the feat.

I then gave it some thought. Do I want to try and re-take the record? It takes quite the emotional and physical toll on a person.

My first attempt was quite the organizational juggernaut. Volunteers had to be scheduled, meals had to be planned. If I were to attempt it again, I would need to secure a sponsor to pay for an official from Guinness to come here and spend the week. That way, I could be certified on the spot.

I'll keep you posted. email me tom@wkvi.com and let me know what you think I should do.





No comments: